Director of Facility Operations and Risk Management, Fitness Center - Georgetown University Law Cen
6 days left
- Full Time
Director of Facility Operations and Risk Management, Fitness Center - Georgetown University Law Center
The Director of Facility Operations and Risk Management for the Scott K. Ginsburg Fitness Center at the Georgetown University Law Center provides a broad range of customer service, operational support, membership services, fitness expertise, risk analysis, and budgeting. S/he has budgetary oversight for the operation, analyzes a wide range of data, and administers departmental-wide policies, procedures, and control measures aimed at minimizing risk. The Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provides a professional, friendly, efficient, solutions-oriented service.
- Implements strategies and plans to target community needs.
- Conducts daily Fitness Floor audit, identify deficiencies, schedules maintenance and addresses any immediate needs related to club operations, cleanliness, or employee relations.
- Develops and operates the systems, polices, and procedures directly related to Fitness Center operations.
- Fosters and maintains relationships with the Georgetown Community.
- Communicates regularly with Law Center Community about important issues, program needs, and evolving policies and procedures.
- Supervises recruitment efforts and the staff selection process ensuring fair and efficient operations.
- Monitors performance.
- Creates key performance indicators in areas of responsibility, maximizing space, revenue, and attendance, using innovative and proactive management strategies to ensure maximum services are provided.
- Recommends equipment purchases, delivery, preventative maintenance, repairs, and billing.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a Rick Management Framework, and supporting policies and procedures, in line with relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Provides risk assessment guidance and direction, recognizes risks, controls gaps, and designs enhancements.
- Facilitates the development of risk mitigation strategies and project plans.
- Provides an effective safety and risk management program and aligns fitness center procedures.
- Ensures employees are educated and prepared for safety measures.
- Conducts safety inspections of facilities and activities.
Compliance, Reporting, and Budgeting
- Develops assessment methodologies and establishes best practice.
- Tracks and evaluates expenditures.
- Establishes objectives and determines how to use resources to meet goals using long-range plans.
- Maintains accurate purchase and service records.
- Audits information regularly to ensure compliance with University standards.
- Reports all relevant matters, including findings, risk positions, and recommendations to all relevant stakeholders.
- Increases efficiency and reduce costs.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops staff, including overseeing onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Provides oversight and direction to the employees in the operating units, in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Leads employees to meet organizational expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment
- Consciously create a work place culture that is consistent with the overall organizations that emphasize the values of the Law Center
- Bachelor's degree in physical education, health management, or other related field.
- 5 to 7 years of financial, risk, and operational experience in a large-scale sports facility.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of current fitness standards and trends, fitness programming, intramurals, and aquatics
- Experience Personal Training and or teaching group exercise
- National Certificate, Personal Training, or Group Exercise Certification
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR/AED Certification
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.