Media Relations Program Manager
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
Media Relations Program Manager
S23, $108,310 - $157,049
Crystal City, VA, Communications Dept., MA-10D
WHY CHOOSE THE AIRPORTS AUTHORITY?
While finding a job that meets your career goals and pays you well is important, remember that the employer’s benefits may make all the difference. To review benefits information please click here.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
Please note: You should review this job description, in particular the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other (KSAOs) requirements listed. Please reply to KSAOs one (1) through (6) only. The rest of the KSAOs will be assessed during the application process.
In the application process, you will be asked to relate your experience, training and education to the KSAOs in a narrative format. We would suggest that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the assessment questionnaire. If the required information is provided in your resume, please direct the reviewer to the specific section of the document where this information can be found.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. Eight years of progressively responsible experience in media relations/communications that includes developing and implementing strategic media plans for corporations, agencies, or public sector organizations at the local and/or national level.
2. Eight years of progressively responsible experience in media relations/communications that includes managing incoming media requests, pitching stories and building relationships with industry journalist.
3. Eight years of progressively responsible experience in media relations/communications that includes writing articles, press releases, media alerts, blogs, communication and digital materials related to corporations, industry, or services.
4. A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Affairs, or related field or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training totaling four years.
5. A valid state driver’s license in good standing.
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but are not required to be rated qualified for this job.
1. Experience working in public relations for aviation or transportation industries.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.