(Senior) Strategic Pricing Manager (925-679)
Senior Strategic Pricing Manager will spearhead pricing strategies projects that support the overall USP business growth and public health impact objectives. This position will lead pricing projects and drive pricing initiatives across different program unit groups (PUT) and global regions with pricing recommendations and leading pricing analyses, which include price and demand modeling, price performance analysis, and opportunity identification. This candidate should have a high level of intellectual curiosity, creativity, and proficiency in turning business and data insights into pricing strategy and tactical recommendation. This is a non-supervisory position reporting to the Director, Global Pricing within the Strategy and Business Development division.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and deployment of pricing strategies and tactics for assigned program units and/or global regions. Program units may include Chemical Medicines (pharmaceuticals), Biologics, Excipients, Foods, Dietary Supplements, and/or Healthcare Quality and Safety
- Be a thought leader on pricing – work with program unit teams, product development scientists, the strategic team, and market research & analytic teams to develop PUT pricing strategies and initiatives
- Identify opportunities to accelerate revenue growth and build tools to analyze and test new pricing techniques to understand market demand, price sensitivity, customer purchase pattern, sales trends and competitive
- Work with program unit teams and product development scientists to develop new product pricing approaches, including value-based pricing, data-driven analytics and new services pricing methodology
- Develop B2B pricing models as needed
- Lead pricing portfolio development and improvement with cross-functional teams and groups and create and enhance pricing roadmaps to support product forecasting and budgeting
- Support pricing implementation, measure pricing KPIs and monitor ROI of pricing projects and initiatives
- Manage and improve price performance dashboard in data visualization, dynamics, customization and generate reports and analysis for Executives and Department leaders
- Closely work with and support Global Pricing Director to drive the enterprise pricing initiatives and revenue improvement programs
- Develop USP price competitive data base and other tools to improve the quality of price decision making
- Work with marketing research team to interpret research findings and elasticity so as to build pricing simulation models and analytics
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of product or service pricing experience
- At least three years’ experience managing complex, multi-stakeholder projects and teams
- Demonstrated experience working directly with C-level executives on high profile projects
- Demonstrated experience preparing and presenting recommendations to C-level
- Demonstrated global pricing experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in science
- MBA or other relevant Master’s Degree
- Two (2) years of work experience in the healthcare or related sectors
- Strong leadership capabilities and proven ability to bring together diverse stakeholders groups in pricing recommendations and implement decisions
- Strong communication skills required – verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Results driven with demonstrated successful outcomes.
- Prior experience in a science-based industry
- Knowledge and background in product management, marketing, strategy, consultation or healthcare industry a plus
- Working knowledge of various data analysis and reporting tools and comfort getting up to speed on new tools such as Tableau
- Knowledge of SQL and pricing modeling preferred
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical reference standards is a plus
- Experience managing staff as direct reports is a plus
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular