PT Emergency Management Specialist
DUTIES: Responsible for coordinating and overseeing the Public Access Automatic Electronic Defibrillator (AED) program for the City. This includes maintaining all City AEDs, ensuring monthly inspections, coordinating with Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Service Systems (MIEMSS) to ensure program compliance, and keeping up to date and accurate records. Trains City staff on First Aid and CPR/AED and maintains training records. The incumbent will develop public outreach programs and deliver presentations on emergency preparedness to communities, business and agencies with the City. The Incumbent will serve as a member of the Emergency Operations Center Management Team and will be expected to be on call and responsive during emergencies and potential crises in the City.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two to 5 years of experience in adult education and training
- CPR certified
- Experience in delivering public outreach programs and presentations
- Must be able to become certified as a First Aid and CPR/AED instructor within 6 months of hire
- Must be able to successfully complete National Incident Management courses 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 and 800 within 6 months of hire
- Experience in emergency management or public safety
- Completion of relevant emergency management courses such as the Emergency Management Institute Independent Study Series
- Good working knowledge of social media
Salary: $ 17.94/hour
How to Apply: Please apply online on the City of Bowie website at: www.cityofbowie.org (click on the employment tab).
Application deadline: Friday, August 4, 2017
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol-testing employer. EOE