Williams & Connolly LLP is seeking an outgoing, service oriented Desk side Technician. Under the direction of the Help Desk Manager, this role's main responsibility is to support and maintain in-house technology, equipment and IT assets including the Firm's desktops, laptops and peripherals. In addition, this role helps support and maintain the Firm's Conference Center equipment and technology. The technician will respond to end-user requests that are submitted by email, support tickets, telephone and in person.
• Install, configure, diagnose, repair, and upgrade hardware and equipment to include but not limited to laptops, desktops, mobile devices, monitors and printers, while ensuring optimal performance and quality service delivery;
• Provide end-user and desk side assistance as needed;
• Maintain inventory records for all end user computers, mobile devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment and other peripheral devices;
• Assist with the maintenance of the Firm's conference rooms and all supporting Audio Visual hardware and technology;
• Manage logistics and interaction with outside vendors that provide IT related services for the firm.
The hours for this position are 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; however, candidates must have the flexibility to work varied hours as needed, including overtime on weekends, to complete projects and tasks in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and oral communication skills, along with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Qualified applicants must be motivated, enjoy technology and possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service. The ability to communicate professionally and provide desk side support is a requirement. Knowledge of Windows 7 is required and additional experience with Windows 10 is a plus. Basic network and computer troubleshooting skills are also required. Candidates must have at least three years of hardware troubleshooting and general IT support experience. Server administration experience and A+, Net+ certifications are strongly preferred. Physical requirements include the ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.; bend and kneel under desks and other areas when equipment installing occurs.
Williams & Connolly offers a competitive salary and a superb benefits package including an on-site fitness facility and cafeteria. Qualified candidates should apply on-line at www.wc.com, or forward cover letter and resume to:
Staff Recruiting Manager
Williams & Connolly LLP
725 12th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20005
Williams & Connolly LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer