- Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications cabling systems.
- Evaluates, designs, documents, implements, tests, and performs problem isolation and resolution of cabling systems.
- Plans, coordinates and executes major information technology cabling systems initiatives. Researches, evaluates and recommends new cabling systems and technologies.
- Devises solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed LAN equipment.
- Develops and executes contingency plans for cabling system failures including isolated and major outages.
- Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to computer operations, workstation support, company management and departmental clients.
- Assists in internal training programs.
- Meets regularly with other network team leads to plan and coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Must obtain and maintain at least a BICSI Level II certification.
- BICSI Technician certification is strongly preferred
- Fiber splicing certification preferred
- Specialized training in EIA/TIA 568 and 569 cable standards required
- Multi-vendor cabling systems equipment experience is strongly preferred
- Working with or having served in a US military environment is preferred
Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance. 5-8 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
- Advanced understanding and demonstrated proficiency of structured cabling installation to include termination, labeling, and testing of coax, fiber-optic and twisted pair cabling
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing Data Center cabling systems
- Experience with testing equipment used for cabling systems
- Ability to work under pressure within specified deadlines
- Comfortable working with other trades and peers.
- Comprehensive administrative knowledge with strong communication skills (written & oral)
- Able to operate on ladders 15FT and beyond for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 40lbs)
- Must be able to work within varied working conditions some of which may be small and confined (to include but not limited to attics, raised flooring and drop ceilings)
- This position may require shift work and weekend work
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. #DPOST #CJPOST #ZRpost