Human Resources Generalist II
Provides support services to the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board. Performs a variety of full-performance professional-level HR functions to over 1,000 employees. Responsibilities include: recruitment/staffing/retention, employee relations, performance management, training/professional development, payroll, research and reporting, communication, workforce and succession planning. Works closely with program managers to address unique program needs impacted by human resources issues. Develops and conducts training. Provides interpretation of federal, state and local laws and county policies and procedures. Serves on department, Health and Human Services system, and county-wide initiatives and task forces.
Please note that salary will not exceed midpoint of the range.
- Provides managers with guidance on employment, employee relations and other HR issues;
- Makes recommendations and revisions to departmental HR policies & procedures;
- Gathers, tracks and analyzes HR metrics, reports, and plans;
- Manages on-boarding, exit interviews, and other HR-related departmental programs;
- May supervise clerical and/or paraprofessional personnel in HR-related matters.
- Knowledge of human resources administration and management principles and practices;
- Ability to perform a variety of increasingly complex work in human resources;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software to prepare documents and store, manipulate, analyze and present information;
- Ability to train and supervise staff.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a bachelor's degree in human resource management, public administration, or a related field; plus two years of professional-level human resources experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
A valid driver's license is required.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, public administration, business administration or related field.
- Three years of professional level experience as an HR professional.
- Experience in public sector human resources management.
- Ability to write clear and concise correspondence and procedures.
- Experience interpreting and explaining regulations, policies, and processes to all levels of employees.
- Experience providing guidance, direction, and creative solutions regarding employee matters.
- Experience working with FMLA, ADA, EEO and diversity data.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- HRCI, IPMA, SHRM, or other HR professional certification.
Work is generally sedentary in nature; however, incumbent will be required to stand, walk, bend and carry items under 15 pounds in weight. Must be able to use technology. Must be able to communicate orally and in writing clearly and accurately with others. Must be able to travel to various sites. Duties may be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview; may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.