Branch Chief, Customer and Technical Support Center
7 days left
- Full Time
- Building, trades, land disturbance, and stormwater management permits;
- Technical review of building code modification requests;
- Site-related plan, plat, waiver, modification, and estimate submissions;
- County addressing;
- Bonds and agreements;
- Proffer review;
- Management of the Board of Building Code Appeals (BBCA);
- Long-term records storage and information management, including distribution of information to the public;
- VFOIA requests for land development services.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a bachelor's degree in urban/regional planning, architecture, landscape architecture, engineering, or a related field, and six years of progressively responsible experience in or affiliated with land planning and/or redevelopment.
The successful candidate possesses the following:
- Experience managing teams of more than 10 staff in a technical or paraprofessional capacity.
- Experience implementing land development policy, including working with multiple development and agency stakeholders to resolve the issue to allow next-stage project progression.
- Experience applying regulatory building, site, and/or environmental codes.
- More than five years of experience communicating code feedback to public citizens, colleagues, political bodies, and the development industry, both in writing and verbally.
- Five or more years trouble shooting development projects and resolving complications, issues and disputes related to building permits and site permits.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Is required to complete a criminal background check and driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Must be able to pick up large plan sets of up to 50 pounds. Position requires incumbent to be mobile with periods requiring sedentary tasks. Ability to operate computer driven equipment.
A valid driver's license.
Panel interview, may include a written exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.