Administrative Assistant IV
Serves as a member of Cross Division Services, Logistics, in the Department of Family Services. Performs a variety of site support duties including:
- Resolve customer concerns and complaints
- Coordinate building facility requests and needs
- Distribute client emergency resources
- Manage regional vehicle fleet and maintenance
- Order and maintain supplies
- Review and approve conference room reservations
- Oversee mail and courier services
- Perform records management and case processing.
- Maintain statistical information for the region and prepare site activity reports.
- Exercise independent judgment in the application of knowledge of agency and community services, and related policies and procedures regarding human services in order to assist customers/clients and staff with a variety of individual needs.
- Exercise tact when interacting and/or speaking with upset customers.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Operate a variety of computer applications for the purpose of screening and/or tracking customer activity.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Contribute suggestions for improving work processes and to address work related problems.
- Oversee the office and supervise staff in the absence of the logistics manager.
- Provide coverage to other regional offices as needed.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to high school graduation and three years of experience providing administrative support in the assigned functional area(s).
- Associate degree or higher.
- 2 years experience supervising and coordinating the work of office staff.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, initiative, creativity and independent judgment.
- Ability to work with limited direction to address identified objectives and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel.
Must possess a valid driver's license.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a check of the Child Protective Services Registry, and a driver's license check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Certain positions with financial responsibility within this class may be subject to criminal background checks and/or credit checks as a condition of hiring and periodically thereafter, as determined by the department head. An applicant or employee may be required to submit a request for a criminal history record check and/or credit check to the appropriate agency. Applicants and employees within these select positions must demonstrate financial responsibility in personal finances as a condition of employment.
Sufficiently mobile to easily move throughout the office and ability to use automated technology with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview with a written exercise.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.