7 days left
- Full Time
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The Department of the Army offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes comprehensive health and life insurance; generous retirement program; long-term care insurance; paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time, flexible work environment.
This position is located at the Directorate of Emergency Services (DES)-Provost Marshal Office (PMO), located at FT. Belvoir, VA.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service such as: performing a full range of visitor access assignments by processing a variety of queries on visitors, reviewing documentation for validity and compliance, issuing/denying passes and access badges, providing guidance and information on security regulations and procedures, and operating access control equipment. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Computer Skills
- Customer Service
- Identifying Management
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (19) Security Assistant position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a ANACI level clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and sustain state certification for operating the National Crime Information Center.
- Must work fluctuating tours of duty to include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Operates and performs research queries on the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) workstation terminal(s) in accordance with federal and state laws.
- Screens all employees, visitors, consultants, and contractor personnel daily, exercising patience, discretion, and diplomacy to determine status of an individual and reason for and location of visit.
- Denies access to unauthorized personnel or those who do not meet authorized entry criteria.
- Sets up and maintains visitor control roster and badges accountability log. Maintain a variety of files, access control registers, databases, and installation access denial approved packets and records to provide control of sensitive information maintained.
- Operates simple cameras under controlled conditions to take identification photographs.
- Operates radios IAW established protocols to communicate with law enforcement or other first responders.