MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST (Change Management Consultant)
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; Join DHS.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services secures America's promise as a nation of immigrants by providing accurate and useful information to our customers, granting immigration and citizenship benefits, promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensuring the integrity of our immigration system. Visit us here for more information.
Everyday, our Management and Program Analyst (Change Management Consultant) develops change effort strategies and solutions for agency wide business processes, job roles and organizational structures.
This position of MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST (Change Management Consultant) starts at a salary of $94,796 GS-13, Step 01 grade level, with promotion potential to$123,234 GS-13, Step 10 grade level.
Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Human Capital and Training, Located in Washington, DC within U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here.
Status candidates may also apply through CIS-10026010-HCT
This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This position is not considered "essential" for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.
Relocation expenses are authorized if you are a USCIS employee assigned to the Refugee, Asylum and International Operations program and have been approved for rotation from an overseas assignment. Relocation expenses for USCIS employees assigned to an OCONUS location will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Note: USCIS may fill one or more positions using this vacancy.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.
As a Management and Program Analyst within USCIS, you will perform the following duties:
- Utilize knowledge and experience of change management principals and methodologies to implement change initiatives for organizations, people, business processes, job roles and organizational structures.
- Construct and develop change effort strategies and solutions for agency wide, large-scale and sophisticated organizations. Brief upper management on studies, analyses, human capital and business process impact findings and conclusions.
- Work with and through all levels of Senior Executive Leadership, management and supervisory levels, as well as Union Officials providing technical and consultative services on a wide variety of transformational/organizational change projects and human capital initiatives.
- Consult and coach project teams, managers and supervisors; support and engage leaders to successfully implement change initiatives and projects. Coordinate with and manage stakeholder interests and communication efforts.
- Analyze and assess change impact, develop, manage and implement mitigation tactics to minimize resistance and maximize engagement. Plan, manage and conduct broad and in-depth special studies related to all aspects of change management and human capital management.
It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date. Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable), as it relates to this job opportunity. Please be clear and specific when describing your work history as we cannot make assumptions regarding your experience. Your application will also be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions.
Please ensure EACH work history includes ALL of the following information:
- Job Title (include series and grade if Federal Job)
- Duties (be specific in describing your duties)
- Employer's name and address
- Supervisor name and phone number
- Start and end dates including month, day and year (e.g. June 18 2007 to April 05 2008)
- Start and end dates for each grade/pay level if you've held a federal position.
- Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)
If you are using current or prior federal experience as a basis for qualifying for this position, the grade levels and length of employment (mm/dd/year) at each grade level must be listed in your work history. This information will be further validated if selected for this position.
National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience)
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build criteria competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer service. Please provide the dates and amount of time/hours worked earning this experience.
EDUCATIONAL SUBSTITUTION: There is no educational substitution at this grade level.
Probationary Period:You may be required to serve a probationary period of 1 year.
The qualifications for this position must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this announcement ( 07/21/2017).
Residency Requirement: There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position; (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity, OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
As a MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST (Change Management Consultant), you will: GS-13: In addition to the requirements at the lower grade level (s), you qualify at the GS-13 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the federal government, which has equipped you with the skills needed to successfully perform the duties of the position. You must have experience performing the following duties:
- Experience with Change Management theories, principals, methods and techniques
- Experience in providing consultative services and expert professional advice to executives and management officials
- Analyzing, evaluating and developing major aspects of agency-wide programs that require resolving critical problems or developing new concepts and methodologies?
Selective Placement Factor: You must have experience developing solutions and providing recommendations to novel or ambiguous issues that lack existing precedent.