Lead IT Specialist
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
This position is located in the Division of Information Technology, Infrastructure Services Branc, Operations Section of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in the areas for assuring successful implementation, administration, maintenance, and operation of all computing service platforms and monitoring of the FDIC enterprise system environments.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel is required.
- Relocation is authorized
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the Private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here click here.
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 14 in Federal service performing and overseeing operational and program management for enterprise-wide infrastructure computing service platforms, which include VMware, Windows Server 2008/2012, Linux, and enterprise storage area networks; monitoring the availability and performance of application systems including servers, databases, network and storage environments; and providing operational support for services provided through Cloud Service Providers and Managed Service Providers.
You must have Information Technology (IT)-related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
• Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
High Risk Position - Background Investigation (BI) required.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Oversees operational and program management responsibility for assuring implementation, administration, maintenance, and operation of all computing service platforms and monitoring of the FDIC enterprise system environments including VMware, Windows Server, Midrange UNIX and Linux and z/OS (Mainframe); Storage Subsystem Operation; and Capacity Management.
Develops and follows policies, procedures, standards and guidelines and is responsible for the coordination of implementation, administration and maintenance activities as necessary with network, storage, servers and software throughout the Corporation in support of delivery of computing services and providing centralized situational awareness to the FDIC.