Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Serves as Budget Analyst GS-0560-13 in the HQDA G-3/5/7 Training Directorate located in Pentagon, Arlington VA. Responsible for the preparation of budget justification statements, consolidated budget estimates, analysis of costs and preparation of funds status reports. Develops guidelines for use by the G-37 Training Directorate, Civilian Leader Development Division (TRV) to reprogram funds and evaluate performance of the G-37 TR budget functions.
This is a Career Program 11 (CP-11) position.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
All U.S. Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel may be required up to 15% of official duty time
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent in other pay systems which includes: Directing work operations involving budget execution. Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution System (PPBES). Experience performing all aspects of the formulation, justification, and General Fund Business Enterprise System (GFBES) or similar funding programs. Assist in developing program objective for DoD and the agency.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service GS-12.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
· Budget Process
· Budget Formulation
· Skill in Automated Budget Programs
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not have education conditions.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Directing work operations involving budget execution
- Perform a wide variety of analytical duties pertaining to programs and functions
- Develops and implement budget policies on defense programs
- Consolidate and compiles annual budget of direct and reimbursable funds