The Washington Post seeks an organized, energetic and detail-oriented Communications Coordinator to provide support to the Public Relations team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: facilitating booking requests, producing TV and radio interviews, research, report generating, email management, social media posts, entry-level publicity, event support and telephone coverage. The right candidate must be able to collaborate in a team environment, anticipate project needs, take initiative, discern priorities and meet deadlines, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. The candidate should have a passion for news and be able to provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional and be able to build strong internal and external relationships. The office hours for this position is 11am-7:30pm.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Careful attention to detail with good follow-through.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work on assignments from a variety of staff.
- Willingness to work at events after hours or to work extended hours when required; assist with managing on-site production and cleanup for events as necessary.
- Strategic thinker who can adapt and prioritize moment to moment.
- Customer service-focused; can easily establish rapport and develop credibility from colleagues and external business partners.
- Dynamic self-starter with strong decision making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including writing, proof reading and speaking.
- Expertise with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years related experience