Assistant, Digital Fundraising
The Assistant, Digital Fundraising works closely with the Assistant Manager of Digital Fundraising, the Director of Annual and Digital Fundraising, and other members of the Center’s digital strategy team to plan, design, implement, and track all digital fundraising campaigns and initiatives for the department of Development, including ecommunication, social media, web-based, and multi-channel campaigns. The position works extremely closely with other fundraising teams to ensure digital channels are appropriately utilized and advises on best practices.
The Assistant must be able to exercise discretion in order to prioritize assignments and work under significant pressure, as many projects are time sensitive, involving concurrent deadlines and donor interaction. An eagerness to communicate and problem solve with a positive attitude is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
20% Work closely with the Assistant Manager of Digital Fundraising to plan the strategy for, design, and implement all digital campaigns.
20% Create email campaigns utilizing Wordfly
20% Serve as main point of contact for all social media fundraising efforts, including working with social media staff to implement campaigns, and development staff to facilitate understanding of best practices.
20% Create campaign wrap up sheets for all email campaigns, reporting back to invested parties on success metrics, stats, and future suggestions in a clear concise manner targeted toward people will all levels of subject knowledge.
15% Create and manipulate art assets using Adobe suite tools.
5% Maintain archives of all digital campaigns
Bachelor’s Degree required. Proven record of high quality customer service and fundraising experience preferred. Experience with direct response and email best practices and writing preferred. Working knowledge of Adobe products preferred. Experience with Wordfly preferred. Database management experience preferred.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Possess a warm and friendly phone demeanor, and exhibit a high degree of patience, and be comfortable conducting business over the phone
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey information other people may not be familiar with through charts, graphs, and written communication.
- Proven ability to act with tact and diplomacy as the position regularly does business with all levels of society and Center leadership
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Creativity and an excellent command of the English language are critical communicating persuasively, both in person and in writing, the need for funding. Ability to think ‘outside the box’ is necessary.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion.
For consideration apply online at www.kennedy-center.org/jobs.