Executive Assistant to the CEO
Planet Depos is a global court reporting company providing best-in-class court reporting, videography, videoconferencing and interpretation services throughout the United States and abroad to U.S. and international law firms, worldwide corporations, and government entities. We have extensive experience reporting complex matters around the globe, including arbitrations, trials and depositions. Planet Depos is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has more than 60 offices worldwide.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Manages an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Manages and organizes email correspondence and conducts Internet research, as needed.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the CEO, with appropriate stakeholders on matters related to CEO's initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Creates quality presentation materials. Reviews and appropriately edits presentations. Coordinates the development of materials and works effectively with appropriate individuals to ensure timely and accurate distribution.
- Adheres to demanding timelines, maintains communication with other departments/individuals, and conducts follow-up for various projects and ongoing tasks and responsibilities.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team, including scheduling and attending all meetings.
- Prepares all required documents for internal and external meetings, including agenda, supporting documentation and presentations.
- Prepares first drafts of written communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages internal and external requests and works closely with the Executive Team, as appropriate, to ensure excellent communication, follow-up, and the delivery of quality work to internal and external clients.
- Assists in the achievement of overall corporate goals and objectives by working with senior management and other departments on special projects.
- Performs other duties as necessary to meet corporate objectives.
Five plus years related experience with a proven track record of supporting high-level executive management professionals Outstanding verbal/written communication, proofreading, editing, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a team on multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision and work under tight deadlines. Complete and strong knowledge of MS Office, i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access required.
Planet Depos is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Executive Assistant to the CEO
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly