SQL Database Administrator
- Will be responsible for the installation, configuration, administration and management of database components
- Must have a strong understanding of database schema object management, data modeling and architecture.
- Will facilitate, implement, monitor and test database backups and recovery methodologies and processes.
- Will monitor and optimize the performance of the production server databases.
- Responsible for database security, integrity, reliability, high availability and disaster recovery solutions
- Identify and troubleshoot database issues and the ability to analyze, design, build, test and implement solutions.
- Implement and troubleshoot triggers, views, stored procedures and data integrity constraints.
- Monitor file system space, database allocation; verify efficient use of disk storage; optimize space allocation; prevent out-of-space situations; and proactively plan for increased capacity and scalability.
- Participate in non-core business hours monthly patching and on call support as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
8-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014
- Experience with ESRI , ARCGIS
- DoD 8570 certified
- Experience in a Windows 2008 / Windows 7 development environment
- Experience with Object Oriented programming languages such as C#
- Experience with virtual environments and clustered environments.
- Ability and willingness to continue to expand knowledge and experience; be detail oriented; and prioritize and complete assigned tasks within required deadlines.
- Self-starter, self-directed with the ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Prior military or special operations experiences preferred.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making capabilities to include troubleshooting technical issues, resolving project issues and challenges, understanding user requirements and developing creative solutions for process improvement.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.