Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Correspondent to report, interview, and write news articles for a variety of BBNA notification services within assigned beat and coverage area.
- Report, interview, and write news articles for notification services.
- Regularly file breaking news alerts.
- Collaborate with editors ensuring required coverage of news.
- Assist and serve as a resource for other correspondents and Washington-based reporters.
- File spot news stories on daily basis along with regular filing of longer analytical pieces
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years’ journalism experience, including daily reporting experience; knowledge of journalistic principles and techniques, including AP style skills; knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; demonstrated ability to suggest and develop articles with specific guidance from appropriate managing editors; demonstrated ability to write news stories and features (including complex and/or analytical pieces); demonstrated ability to meet daily and routine deadlines; demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects and shifting priorities; ability to use office productivity software and the Internet tools effectively with training; Bachelor’s degree required. College-level coursework in areas related to BBNA coverage (i.e., journalism, environment, economics, and public health policy) or equivalent experience.
Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.