Site Project Manager - Hawaii
General Dynamics IT is currently looking for an experienced Project Manager on site to join our team to support the Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii.
You will have a key role utilizing your expert knowledge in delivering excellent Project Management support to our client!
Responsible for managing multiple tasks or a single large project and supervising up to 25 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt and may include one or more subordinate supervisors. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection.
- Provide technical, administrative, and operational management of Tripler AMC Building 40 Initial Outfitting and Transition effort to include prime contract and subcontractor management.
- Responsible for managing the efficient and effective coordination and accomplishment of the planning, change management, transition, and initial outfitting of the current temporary swing space.
- Responsible for the coordination of a multi-disciplinary team (GDIT employees and subcontractor leads) as well as the overall fiscal control of the project.
- Ensure compliance with corporate decisions, guidance, laws, regulations, and policy in support of the project.
- Provide recommendations and assistance to the healthcare facility end user during the outfitting, transition, and project turnover.
- Ensure all transition and initial outfitting planning and execution is synchronized with the construction contract.
- Responsible for keeping the company's contracting manager, the Government contracting officer, the project planning office's project officer, as well as the local facility leadership and staff informed of IO&T progress, issues, and resolutions.
- Supervise assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
- Attend all required customer meetings and may serve as primary client liaison.
- Interact with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinate development, quality control, and submission of deliverables and products.
- Communicate with functional area subject matter experts to meet customer requirements and to solve problems. Ensures communications follow protocol at all times throughout the project.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree preferred, from an accredited college or university in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- PMP certification a plus.
- 10+ year's executive level military experience supervising senior staffs.
- 10+ year's managing relevant medical projects
- 5+ years' experience in relevant Federal, DoD, and/or Army projects
- Must have laboratory management experience and complete knowledge of BSL2 compliance requirements and the Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL) 5th Edition.
- Proficiency with presentation and project management software, such as MS PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Computer proficiency required, including spreadsheets and databases.
- Knowledge of management concepts, principles, methods and practices; as well as knowledge of medical logistics with an understanding of hospital construction and facility design.
- Ability to manage and ensure the successful completion of multiple tasks within the IO&T project.
- Effective communications skills with all levels of authority.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.