Principal Graphics Designer - Secret Clearance Desired
Designs and develops graphics and illustrations for use in technical publications, marketing material, and other visual communications media.
1. Utilizes current graphic design technology and software applications to produce graphics and illustrations for use in technical publications, marketing materials, websites, and other visual communications media.
2. Prepares illustrations from concept drawings, sketches, models, and/or written and verbal instructions.
3. Selects styles and sizes of type, lays out material, and performs related tasks.
4. Participate in the design and creation of videos using computer and video equipment.
5. Prepare storyboards for use in video or computer presentations.
6. Prepares notes and instructions for printing.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced designers.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in commercial art, fine art, or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related graphic design experience.
Experience with digital editing with final cut pro.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.