IT Help Desk Technician
The American Physiological Society (APS), a non-profit scientific association, is seeking a Helpdesk Technician to provide for the implementation, repair and support of the personal computers and peripherals, desktop and office productivity applications, mobile devices and other technology provided to staff to meet the current and future organizational needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administering the IT helpdesk system, and resolving level (tier) one hardware/software/system issues for APS.
- Implementing and supporting PC hardware, software, and peripherals, including Windows 7 and 10 computers, network printers, Office 2010 Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, mobile devices, and VoIP phones.
- Installing, supporting , and training on Office 365 tools and services, including Hosted Exchange, Skype for Business and OneDrive for Business.
- Ensuring user access to systems, and assisting staff members with IT-related issues as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of IT helpdesk-related experience.
- Must have a high school diploma, and CompTIA A+, MCP or other equivalent certification, or equivalent additional experience in lieu of certification.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and work with staff and vendors
- Ability to work with minimal supervision is required, along with strong organizational skills, and team-oriented interpersonal skills.
- Must be experienced with Office 365, MS Office and Outlook (2010 or later), Windows 7/8/10, and Windows-based hardware and peripherals.
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
The position is located at APS’ offices in Bethesda, Maryland, close to Routes 270 and 495. APS offers competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient location to major thoroughfares, free parking and the opportunity to work with a motivated and enthusiastic staff in supporting the scientific community and researchers from around the world.
For more information on APS, please visit: www.the-aps.org