Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc. (FBLA-PBL), in Reston, Virginia, is seeking a proactive and organized Education Associate. This individual supports the activities of the education department and is responsible for identifying and recruiting over 600 volunteers to serve as judges for our competitive events program held at our National Leadership Conference in a different city every year.
Role and Responsibilities
- Executing all aspects of judging (recruitment, logistics, confirmation, and onsite coordination)
- Maintaining and updating online testing database
- Organizing competitive events conference logistics and scheduling
- Assisting with competitive events resource development
- Maintaining and updating website resources
- Processing data entry for membership and conference departments
- Creating mail-merge documents
- Performing ongoing administrative tasks such as answering phones, packing and loading freight, award preparation, etc.
- Coordinating annual giving campaign
- Supporting the Education Director
- Self-starter, self-motivated
- Ability to create leads and contacts, and recruit business professionals as volunteer judges
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written, research, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Organized and efficient with meticulous follow-through
- Given the nature of this role, the successful applicant will be required to travel to the summer conference (two weeks) and a fall meeting (one week) each year
FBLA-PBL offers outstanding benefits with a quality work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, candidates should email a cover letter and résumé to HR@fbla.org for consideration.
Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc. (FBLA-PBL) is a national nonprofit student education association of over 250,000 members and affiliates, headquartered in Reston, Virginia. FBLA-PBL has four membership divisions—FBLA (high school students), FBLA-ML (junior high/middle school students), PBL (college students), and PD (FBLA-PBL alumni, business professionals, educators, and parents).