- Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
0-2 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
Shift work is on a Panama Schedule. Schedule 1 Schedule 2
- Monitor and investigate Network Management System (NMS) Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) trap data and Syslog messages, troubleshoot network incidents, document findings, remotely restore services, recommend fix actions, and dispatch maintenance to appropriate organizations if remote restoration is not possible.
- Monitor and investigate network performance threshold events as well as security relevant alarms to proactively protect and preserve the functionality of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Escalate Incidents to appropriate Tier 2 personnel and detachments according to established processes and procedures.
- Perform Traffic Engineering (TE) by intelligently manipulating Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) metrics to temporarily alt-route Label Switched Path (LSP) traffic in the event of an incident or CMA Action Plan.
- Collect relevant information required for vendor Technical Assistance Cases (TACs) and provide possible resolutions where a temporary work around is feasible until failed hardware is processed via COMM Maintenance Activity (CMA) requests.
Work - Tue, Wed Off - Tue, Wed Off - Thur, Fri Work - Thur, Fri Work - Sat, Sun, Mon Off - Sat, Sun, Mon Off - Tue, Wed Work - Tue, Wed Work - Thur, Fri Off - Thur, Fri Off - Sat, Sun, Mon Work - Sat, Sun, Mon Shifts are...
Days - 6am to 6pmMids -- 6pm to 6am (Shift differential) Rotation between shifts is every two months. Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, either CompTIA Security+ OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ is the preferred certification. Must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification prior to Hire Date. As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph if requested. As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.