Senior Hybrid Cloud VMware Infrastructure Engineer
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Senior Hybrid Cloud VMware Infrastructure Engineer with strong communication and technical skills that will support the Department of Commerce 2020 Decennial Census Systems of Systems hybrid cloud infrastructure and its applications. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for integration and implementation of the hybrid cloud infrastructure that will support the Census 2020 System of Systems. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will develop internal team standards and processes as well as documentation for the design, implementation, operations, and accreditation of COTS infrastructure management solutions. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will build and integrate new systems and assist in the migration of applications, COTS, GOTS, and FOSS products to a new physical datacenter and/ or cloud resources; providing technological recommendations of infrastructure solutions; implementing the solution(s) required to fulfill the system and solution level requirements; and for supporting development, integration, test and validation activities to prove system effectiveness, performance, and readiness during critical test events leading up to the 2020 survey. Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
- Contributes to the formulation and maintenance of an enterprise-wide baseline of operating systems and software for the implementation, operation, and maintenance of a platform-as-a-service for a hybrid cloud compute modelProvides input on the development of design, implementation, operations, user guides, and training materialsPerforms training for engineering and operations staff as requiredPerforms integration of Operating System and COTS for custom in-house developed productsPerforms full integration of DevOps tools that support continuous integration and continuous delivery Performs full integration of ITSM tools to track licensing, certificates, assets and compliance of permanent and ephemeral systems Provides input on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of IT systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Provides responsive advice, counsel, education and service concerning IT issues and trends in the IT industryMaintains knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technologies, equipment and systems. Keeps current on laws, mandates, issues, practices and proceduresReviews and provides input to policies and standard operating proceduresPerforms other related duties as assigned
- 12 full-time years of experience; Prior consulting, Professional Services and/or Enterprise Experience preferredMust have advanced level knowledge of the concepts, practices and procedures of the field of specialization. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 or higher certification required or obtained within one (1) year of accepting positionMust be familiar with source and artifact control and configuration managementAdvanced vendor certifications preferredRelevant knowledge of current and emerging technologiesStrong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, elected officials, executive leadership, senior management, users, vendors and subcontractor personnelAbility to consistently meet and exceed expectations and incorporate customer service into all aspects of workProven judgment and problem solving skillsSolid time management skills with the ability to plan, organize and implement multiple initiatives and deadline-driven workloads while consistently providing outstanding customer service Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skillsProficient in datacenter and cloud technologiesProficient in datacenter storage and network systemMust have experience planning, installing, configuring, patching, and troubleshooting issues on at least one of the following platforms:
- Linux Server Operating SystemsWindows Server Operating Systems
- VMware vRealize Operations ManagerVMware NSXVMware vRealize Automation (Blueprint Development)
- VMware vRealize Log InsightVMware vRealize Network InsightSplunk
- 12+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.Master’s Degree preferred.