The Problem Manager is the single point of contact for one or more problems. Individual is responsible for ownership and coordination of actions of those problems. Must analyze root causes, identify Known Errors and coordinate actions to fix the errors. Responsible for designing and implementing improved processes. The Problem Manager must be proactive in identifying problems, analyses and recommend Service Improvement plans with the possible solutions obtained for technical teams.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies trends and potential Problem sources (by reviewing Incident and Problem analysis)Prevent the replication of Problems across the networkMonitors the effectiveness of error control and makes recommendations for improvementsMeet very aggressive network availability, MTTR, and ticket handling objectives while providing hands-on leadership during network events.Develop, refine, and document operation's policies, processes, procedures, and associated systems requirements and drive their implementation and use.Develop and report on metrics on performance, including but not limited to MTTR, # of escalations, and tickets.Produces Problem Management reports and management informationCoordinates meetings to resolve problemsWork with cross-functional stakeholders to resolve problemsDrive all problems towards root cause identification and permanent fixPlan projects, training, objectives, timelines, deliverables, and milestonesTo meet/exceed and maintain service levels as assigned by management.To meet/exceed expected reliability standards.Willing to take ownership and take on other duties as assigned.Need to have innovative approach as problems are unique and need to use different techniques.
- Minimum 5 years Incident & Problem Management experienceStrong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required: Ability to identify and analyze network quality and operational processes and then drive corrective / preventative action plans.Good understanding of supporting network operationsGood understanding of the ITIL frameworkGood organizational skills
- Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment shifting priorities.Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)Self-starter who can find and resolve issues pertaining to all of GDIT's offeringsKnowledge of networking concepts and protocols to perform network status checks as part of normal surveillance activities.Ability to write technical documentation and create management reports and metricsAbility to provide both hands on solutions and supervision of projectsAbility to successfully interface with a wide range of personnel within the organizationExcellent written and verbal communication skills.Administer performance reviews and mentor staff Certificates, Licenses, registrationsITIL v 3 Certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.Required Security Clearance minimum level: Secret