INDUSTRIAL SPECIALIST (GENERAL)
Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency serves as the independent eyes and ears of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its partners, delivering actionable acquisition insight from the factory floor to the front line around the world. We are an independent combat support agency within the DoD. We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position:
Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.
Who May Apply:
· All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
· Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel required 10% of the time
- U.S. Citizenship is Required
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required
- Tour of Duty: Full Time
- Bargaining Unit: Yes
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
Specialized experience: To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level (GS-07). Specialized experience is defined as: Experience that demonstrated basic contracting and assisting higher-grade specialists analyzing manufacturing processes through participation in the surveillance of contractor functions.
To quality at the GS-11 level, you must possess at least one year of GS-09 equivalent specialized experience the demonstrated a practical knowledge of the methods, materials, machinery, and facilities used in industrial production operations, which includes industrial planning of facilities and layout; comprehensive survey and analysis of industrial operations; and interpreting and applying contract clauses and government acquisition regulations.
Education can be substituted for experience.
Please refer to the OPM Qualification Standards for specific Education/Experience requirements for this position located at: www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/index-Standards.asp.
Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements such as minimum qualifications, and other regulatory requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
·The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management's basic qualification requirements, and the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement.
·This is a Defense Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level II within 24 months of entrance on duty.
·Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
·Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
·Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
·Management may select at any grade level announced.
·Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
·Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
·All selections under an announcement must be made within 6 months from the issuance date of the certificate referral list.
Condition of Employment:
Business travel up to 10% required.
- Evaluates contractor's systems, plans, schedules, plant capacity, plant loading and line of balance to determine contractor's ability to meet customer's expectations.
- Performs technical surveillance and analysis to determine contractor's compliance to contract requirements during all acquisition phases.
- Draws conclusions and recommendations regarding the contractor's system/process maturity and risks associated with transition to acquisition phases.
- Supports technical specialists to establish and maintain surveillance controls ensuring processes are adequate and support customer outcomes and/or production schedules.
- Provides recommendations and remedies to resolve issues and leads or supports management internal control reviews related to functional expertise.
- Identifies, understands, proofs, and analyzes contractor production proves capabilities.