The selectee for this position will serve as an Administrative Officer for the Director, Total Force of BUREAU OF MEDICINE.
- Not Required
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
TO QUALIFY FOR THE GS-11: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Resolving substantial administrative issues;
- Analyzing a variety of techniques and methods in order to facilitate organizational and mission changes;
- Planning and carrying out projects that improve the efficiency and productivity of administrative support functions; and
- Utilizing a variety of electronic systems (such as Microsoft Office Suite, Defense Travel System, ESAMS, etc.).
TO QUALIFY FOR THE GS-09: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Handling and properly storing classified material;
- Applying protocol used in meetings, visits, social functions, and special protection in order to maximize quality communication and interaction;
- Creating, maintaining, and analyzing administrative data and processes in order to create reports and improve processes; and Utilizing a variety of electronic systems (such as Microsoft Office Suite, Defense Travel System, ESAMS, etc.).
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
If you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume. See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
All qualifications requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.
Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
Must be able to obtain an interim and/or final secret security clearance prior to entrance on duty AND must be able to maintain the required level of clearance while employed in the subject position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the applicant fails to report to the scheduled drug test appointment. Incumbents of drug testing designated positions will be subject to random testing. Drug test results will be provided to the employing activity/command.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Reviewing, interpreting, and providing recommendations for the revision of regulatory guidelines, policies, memorandums of agreement, support agreements, and standard operating procedures pertinent to programs under the purview of Installation and Logistics;
- Resolving substantial administrative problems that may have been resistant to solutions in the past;
- Analyzing a variety of techniques and methods needed for the organization personnel to facilitate organizational and mission changes;
- Integrating work performed by others in making administrative decisions based on insufficient data or established procedures; and
- Serving as Personal Assistant for the Director (M1).