Supervisory Financial Operations Analyst (Chief, Single Family Claims Branch)
This position is located in the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Finance and Budget, Office of the Housing-FHA Comptroller, Office of Financial Services, Single Family Post Insurance Division. The Single Family Post Insurance Division is responsible for providing claim payment, asset acquisition, asset management, and asset disposition services for FHA-insured single family mortgages.
- Not Required
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience for the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience:
- Supervising a team of employees in a financial organization and monitoring their progress towards achieving goals and objectives; AND
- Participating in efforts to improve financial information systems supporting single family mortgage programs; AND
- Developing and reviewing written processes and procedures in the establishment of internal controls and the examination of existing internal controls to meet financial management requirements; AND
- Performing on-going monitoring of the completion of corrective action plans as a result of an audit finding.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
As a Supervisory Financial Operations Analyst, you will:
- Plan overall work assignments to be accomplished by subordinate supervisors.
- Gather, analyze, and provide management with financial information to be used for policy direction and development.
- Represent Branch in meetings with senior officials and lender representatives for program educational purposes, clarification of Departmental program policies, and to identify and resolve issues related to insurance claims, or to resolve lender complaints.
- Provide oversight of the claim processing contract activities and technical advice to lenders filing FHA insurance claims.