1 day left
- Full Time
This position is located in the Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH). PIH’s mission is to provide low-income families affordable housing opportunities as they transition to self-sufficiency and homeownership. PIH oversees the administration of HUD’s Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, Section 8 Rental Assistance, and Native American Programs through a staff of Headquarters and Field employees. The field structure for PIH consists of 29 Hub Offices and 16 Program Centers that provide oversight, direct monitoring, and coordination for approximately 4,200 public housing authorities.
- 75% or Greater
- This position is 100% travel.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
-Leading or managing a team of employees and monitoring their progress towards achieving project goals and objectives; AND
-Developing solutions to resolve program issues or changing requirements; AND
-Consult with and provide technical assistance to program officials, residents, citizen groups, and Federal, state, and local government officials on a variety of asset management-related matters; AND
- Assess and administer training programs that effectively develop employee job skills.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
As an Assessment Manager, you will:
- Provide leadership and technical expertise including: planning and determining subordinate work efforts, developing work plans and setting priorities; developing performance standards and evaluating performance standards relating to physical inspection, management, quality assurance quality control, contract oversight, and or general operations.
- Responsible for coordinating activities of subordinates consisting of program and technical specialists with expert knowledge of physical inspection on Federally subsidized housing properties.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining a system which assesses PHA, multifamily housing and other federally subsidized housing properties' performance, concerns, broad trends, and technical assistance needs through a process of collecting and compiling the results of physical inspections, annual audits, general management indicators and customer surveys.
-Assess the performance of the public and multifamily housing in meeting assisted housing goals.