Management Analyst ZA-0343-03 (DE/CR)
7 days left
- Full Time
This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Office of the Assistant Administrator (AA), Silver Spring, MD.
This position serves as the Human Capital Management Analyst of the National Marine Fisheries Service, NOAA's second largest line office with approximately 3000 employees in 20+ offices along the US coastline including the Pacific Islands and Alaska. NMFS is responsible for the stewardship of the nation's ocean resources and their habitat. NMFS' Headquarters is in downtown Silver Spring, MD conveniently located next to the Metro and MARC train stations. HCMO offers telework and a Maxiflex work schedule in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZA-03 is equivalent to the GS-11/12.
The full performance level for this position is ZA-03.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-AA-2017-0018, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
NOTE: This vacancy may be used to fill other Management Analyst, ZA-0343-03, positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
- Not Required
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
EDUCATION: There is no positive education requirement for this position.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the Federal government.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies; knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify at the ZA-03:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the ZA-02 or GS-09 in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following:
- Using information systems to create and/or modify database reports.
- Collecting and analyzing operational and administrative management data, such as budget, staffing levels, accessions and separations, retirement eligibility, or incentive awards.
- Applying knowledge of, and skill in, a variety of federal HR and/or administrative concepts, principles, laws, regulations, and practices as they relate to operations, information technology, and supporting management decision-making.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for all grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable.
College Transcript: If you are qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. education standards with your resume. You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process. If course content cannot be easily identified from the title of the course as listed on your transcript, you must submit an official course description from the college/university that reflects the content at the time the course was taken.
Note: Your college transcript is used to verify successful completion of degree, or college course work. An official college transcript will be required before you can report to duty.
Q - Nonsensitive
The individual selected for this position will:
- Provide program support to senior staff engaged in workforce and strategic planning, performance management, honor and incentive awards, and other human resource functions.
- Maintain internal databases and generate reports in support of human resources and related operations.
- Coordinate stakeholders and resources in the execution of data collection and analysis tasks, such as strategic workforce plans, annual staffing plans, the FAIR Act inventory, incentive awards monitoring, and routine furlough planning.
- Apply a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to identify, assess, analyze, and improve effectiveness, efficiency, and work products.
- Communicate HR data, information, and reports via the bureau's intranet, wiki sites, and other internal channels.