If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.'
The recent graduates program targets individuals who have graduated recently from qualifying educational institutions or programs. To be eligible, applicants must apply within 2 years of degree or certificate completion, except for veterans precluded from doing so due to their military service obligations, who will have up to 6 years after degree or certificate completion. Successful applicants will be placed in a dynamic, career development program.
Who May Be Considered:
- Individuals who have obtained a qualifying Associates, Bachelor's, Master's, Professional, Doctorate, Vocational or Technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution, within the previous 2 years. OR
- Individuals who will obtain a qualifying Associates, Bachelor's, Master's, Professional, Doctorate, Vocational or Technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution within 90 days from the date of application. Applicants must provide proof of degree conferral prior to appointment OR
- Veterans (as defined in 5 U.S.C. 2108) who were unable to apply within 2 years of obtaining a qualifying Associates, Bachelor's, Master's, Professional, Doctorate, Vocational or Technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution due to their military service obligation. Veterans have a full 2-year eligibility period to apply upon his/her release or discharge from active duty. The eligibility period for veterans must be within 6 years of degree completion.
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 25%
For the GS-09, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-07 if outside the Federal service, is required.
Specialized experience is experience assisting with qualitative and quantitative techniques and analytical studies and make recommendations on procedures to improve processes.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience requirements, qualified applicants must also possess the quality of experience as it relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant's background, recency of experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the announced position. Candidates must clearly demonstrate the possession of knowledge, skills and abilities, or competencies necessary to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level to be qualified for the position. Applicants must describe how their experience meets the competencies within the body of the resume. No separate statements addressing KSA's or competencies are required.
Competencies: Communication, Planning and Evaluating, Problem Solving, and Project Management~
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-09 GRADE LEVEL: Two full years of progressively higher level graduate education, or Master's or equivalent graduate degree such as LL.B. or J.D., may be substituted to meet the experience requirement.
If you are using education to qualify for this position you will need to submit your unofficial/official transcripts with your application. Failure to provide transcripts, or a determination that you do not possess the education requirement, will result in objection to your qualifications, and removal from consideration in accordance with competitive examining procedures.
Qualifying Education Institution: Any of the following educational institutions or curricula that have been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/
STUDENTS MAY APPLY IF THEY ARE WITHIN 90 DAYS OF GRADUATING FROM THE DATE OF APPLICATION.
APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF DEGREE CONFERRAL PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT
Background or Security Investigation:
The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
PROGRAM COMPLETION AND CONVERSION ELIGIBILITY:
This is an Excepted Service appointment. Program participants MAY be converted, without a break in service, to a competitive service appointment upon completion of program requirements. To be eligible for conversion, Recent Graduates must:
- Complete one continuous year of work experience acquired through a Recent Graduate Program.
- Complete 40 hours of formal interactive training.
- Meet the qualification standards for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
- Meet any agency-specific requirements specified in the Participant's Agreement.
- Demonstrate successful job performance that results in a rating of record of at least Fully Successful and a recommendation for conversion by the first level supervisor
As a participant in the Pathways Recent Graduates Program, you will receive both formal and on-the-job training to develop the required knowledge and skill to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Those duties will include:
- Applying evaluative techniques to study efficiency and effectiveness of overall management operations.
- Studying improvement of management procedures, systems, policies, and regulations.
- Providing technical assistance and guidance in such areas as productivity, distribution of work, management practices, compliance with regulations, organizational structure, and effectiveness of administrative policies.
- Conducting detailed analysis of complex functions and work processes.
- Assisting in the development and establishment of the framework for implementing the long-range plan, Future Years Corporate Plan data sheets.
- Performing special studies and participating in working group meetings with program managers, planners, and key officials.