Accounting Technician (OA)
The United States Marshals Service is the nation's oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement agency. The missions of the Service include protection of the judiciary, court security, witness security, asset seizure and forfeiture, apprehension of fugitives, prisoner transportation and custody.
District of Columbia
The incumbent serves as an Accounting Technician (Office Automation) responsible for the processing and maintenance of the District financial accounts.
- Not Required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the required specialized experience for the respective grade level(s) in which you are applying:
All applicants must possess the following to be considered eligible for this position:
Specialized Experience GS-07: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-06 level of Federal service which includes:
· Compiling, reconciling and balancing accounting records;
· Inputting and updating accounting data in an automated accounting system;
· Utilizing disbursements and fund accounting methods, procedures and techniques used in maintaining, balancing, and closing accounts.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Compile, compute, reconcile and balance accounting records.
- Conduct monthly financial closeout for a district/region.
- Contact vendors as required regarding billing issues.
- Examine financial documents to confirm expense are categorized correctly; and
- Validate monthly reconciliation of accounts and justify any accounting irregularities.