Human Resources Specialist (NAF)
America's Logistics Combat Support Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
This position is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) position with HQ DLA Installation Support NAF Human Resources Office at Fort Belvoir, VA in the HQ Family and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Division.
This position is a regular full-time (RFT) position, which guarantees 40 hours per week. RFT employees are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package, including the accrual of annual and sick leave, health benefits, life insurance, etc. Please see the benefits section of this announcement for more information.
This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel is approximately 10%.
This positon requires the incumbent to possess specialized experience in at least two human resources functional areas, i.e. staffing, benefits, classification, management employee relations, training, labor relations, or human resources automated systems. Specialized experience includes recruiting for routine and reoccurring positions using an automated applicant intake system; processing routine employee benefits requests; in processing new employees; providing general advice and guidance to employees, applicants, or managers; or processing a requests using a variety of human resources information systems.
Position-specific Conditions of Employment
1. Obtain and maintain a Tier 3 (Secret) security clearance.
General Conditions of Employment
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The Defense Logistics Agency is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check IAW AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained.
5. You will be required to show Social Security card upon appointment to a NAF position.
The major duties of this position include:
- Assisting the HR Officer in implementing official Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) policies, regulations and directives;
- Performing extensive technical and specialized work in the areas of staffing, pay administration and classification, training, awards, benefits, and regulatory compliance;
- Providing guidance, advice and assistance to managers, employees, and candidates for employment on a full range of services such as personnel policies, administrative regulations, employee rights and services; and
- Ensures the proper maintenance of the automated database and office files and records.
The employee works under closer than normal supervision wherein work is closely reviewed and detailed guidance provided. As employee progresses, supervisory control diminish until full performance level is reached.