Project Manager II
Project Manager II
Enterprise Project Management Office
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 3.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Project Manager II to join the Enterprise Project Management Team. The Project Manager II will deliver projects and provide business solutions for one or more of the following lines of business:
- HR, Legal, Finance & IT, Student Accounts, Financial Aid
- Student Recruitment, Success and Retention, Marketing, Digital
- Provost's Office, Faculty and Academic Administration
The Project Management Office (PMO) at UMUC serves the global strategic needs of stakeholders across the enterprise. Accordingly, Project Managers at every level must deliver on initiatives across a myriad of verticals. These cross-functional initiatives necessitate well-structured project plans that clearly outline resource requirements, and define the content/format of status reports, the timeline, and the budget. Project Managers should have experience establishing, implementing and managing processes and procedures covering Change Control, Risk and Issue Management.
Most importantly, the Project Manager II will actively participate in establishing, implementing and/or supporting the team culture within his/her environment. The Project Manager II will report to a Senior Member of the PMO, at the Program Manager or Sr. Director level.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage all aspects of multiple projects of medium complexity for the respective lines of business from inception/concept delivery.
- Lead projects in a transparent and productive way, applying standard project management practice.
- Develop the project's key objectives, scope, success criteria and communicate them effectively across the project team .
- Plan, schedule, and track project deliverables and milestones using Microsoft Project.
- Manage project issues and risks.
- Conduct user acceptance testing.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Manage project resources from other groups and/or 3rd parties in a matrix environment.
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time/on budget and exceeding stakeholders' expectations.
- Communicate formally and informally through existing forums to stakeholders at all levels, including senior management.
- Lead project meetings with a cross functional team to communicate the status of various projects, discuss issues/risks, and understand the impact of any changes to business requirements.
- Perform other critical tasks as required by the Vice President/Program Manager of the PMO.
- Provide input to further develop and maintain the PMO templates and processes.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to professional growth in program/project management and other key areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, 4+ years as a Project Manager with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- The Project Manager II must have experience independently managing the execution and integration of deliverables according to the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Additional required experience includes regularly creating project plans, building/resourcing project teams, and managing/monitoring adherence to the project plan.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication is required.
- The Project Manager II must have a successful track record of meeting deadlines in an environment where competing priorities are the norm.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced Degree, formalized project management training and certifications (CAPM or PMP), business analysis training and certifications, quality assurance training and certifications; Commercial work experience in any of the following environments: Business Process, Web-based applications, SAAS, ERP, CRM, Content Management Systems, Digital Asset Management Systems, Document Management System.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.