Public Information Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
This is a professional position that provides a range of services to the fast-paced Office of Legislative and Public Affairs. This position will have a lead role in developing and executing external communications, managing the website, public affairs, as well as traditional and social media activities in support of HOC's mission. Specifically, the successful candidate will take a lead role in the development and implementation of all traditional and social media activities including Facebook, Twitter, HOCMC.org (HOC's website), and the Executive Director's blog. Work will include drafting articles, speeches, white papers, collateral materials and supporting the production of videos showcasing HOC's work. Examples of written and collateral materials include marketing for HOC resident programs and properties in cooperation with HOC staff; producing news releases; responding to routine media requests and constituent inquiries; producing feature articles as well as placing them appropriately. In performing these duties, the employee is required to investigate, research, analyze and make recommendations to leadership based on the information and data compiled. The incumbent will also engage with elected officials and their staffs in response to constituent issues and agency events. Most work will be evaluated by the supervisor to determine if the contents are appropriate and in the best interest of HOC.
- Requires a BS degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field (Advanced Degree preferred).
- Requires a minimum of 2 years experience in the communications field.
- Knowledge of affordable housing industry preferred.
- Must have knowledge of advertising or news media organizations.
- Must have the ability to write new releases, articles and speeches.
- Must have the ability to analyze and evaluate information.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills for a variety of purposes (i.e., persuasive, policy, marketing, etc.).
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Must have ability to speak in public.
- Must have knowledge of Word and Desktop Publishing.