Commercial Maintenance Technician
Commercial Maintenance Technician
Bernstein Management Corporation (“BMC”) has an exciting opportunity for a skilled and hardworking Maintenance Technician to join an organization that truly cares about its employees. As an integral part of the BMC team, the Maintenance Technician will provide professional, courteous and cost efficient maintenance for the property. This position will not have supervisor responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues and make repairs in-house when possible. RTU packaged units and heat pump experience preferred.
- Test and replace parts and components in plumbing and electrical systems.
- Identify, recommend, and implement preventative and on-going changes to preserve or upgrade equipment.
- Inspect property routinely to identify issues and communicate to manager on a regular basis.
- Meet weekly with property manager to discuss property and tenant issues.
- Evaluate and maintain facility and grounds, meeting operational standards, and schedule tests.
- Perform snow removal and maintain curb appeal, including the conditions and appearance of the property.
- Maintain fire and safety standards for all areas of the facility and grounds.
- Handle tenant service requests within the timetable prescribed by the Manager.
- Implement the company’s Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Assist Manager in controlling maintenance expenditures.
- Coordinate subcontractor work that may be required and inspect completed contractor work.
- Maintain shop, trash room, storage areas, etc. in a clean, neat and organized way.
- Perform cleaning functions as required by the Manager. Promptly report to Manager any conditions requiring maintenance or cleaning that you observe.
- Be on call after hours and weekends in the event of an emergency.
- Excellent attendance and certain physical demands (e.g. lifting up to 50 lbs.) are required to perform the essential functions of this position.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, as described above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook E-mail and basic computer skills
- Great customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to accept responsibility and accountability for his/her actions
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect safety
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-entity environment
- Ability to multi-task and follow through
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to actively listen to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others
- Ability to work effectively as a team contributor on applicable assignments
- Ability to respond to others’ needs in a timely and courteous manner
- Ability to work autonomously
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Four years previous well-rounded Commercial maintenance experience
- Valid drivers’ license
- Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school)
- CFC License
- NAPE Certification or related courses
Bernstein is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply for Commercial Maintenance Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly