Microsoft Network Engineer
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, a non-profit women’s membership organization located near the Ellipse, has a full-time opportunity for a Network Engineer well versed in Microsoft systems to join the Information Systems team and contribute to the goals of the organization through the design, development and maintenance of Microsoft server technologies.
- Administration and daily maintenance, back-up, storage and support of a 15 server Microsoft Windows 2012 network, Microsoft Exchange 2010, firewalls, network switches and routers, VLAN, VPN, and network perimeter security.
- Manage network access security, administer anti-virus software, security patches and service packs.
- Monitor network services, troubleshoot connections, including identification of root causes, and install, configure and upgrade systems and software packages.
- Work closely with outside vendors to maintain and repair systems and equipment in a timely manner.
- A minimum of two years previous network hardware and software troubleshooting experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and GPO’s, and a strong foundation of TCP/IP networking and server virtualization.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Associate (MCSA) certification is required.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), and/or Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent of four years’ experience working in network management.
- Outstanding ability to troubleshoot network hardware and software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Hyper-V and MS Exchange.
This is a dynamic opportunity to gain a wide variety of experience and exposure to working on servers and network switches. This position works at the NSDAR headquarters in Washington, D.C. Relocation assistance is not provided. First preference will be given to local/regional candidates.
For more information about the mission and activities of the DAR please visit our website at www.dar.org.
Send resume & cover letter including salary requirements to:
Attn: Human ResourcesNSDAR 1776 D Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20006-5303
Fax: (202) 737-5702