Cyber Security Specialist
Burke Consortium Inc., a technology services company in Alexandria, VA, seeks a Cyber Security Specialist to join our World Class team. In today’s workforce, Cyber security is paramount to the safety and well-being of the Department of the Navy – and its mission. The candidate for this position will possess knowledge of fundamental Federal and Department of Defense (DoD) cyber security policies and standards and will apply that knowledge to help protect our Navy’s forces. Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to balance conflicting schedule demands, respond calmly and professionally to security issues, work independently, and interact comfortably and confidently with individuals at every level of each organization.
While supporting clients at the Department of the Navy, the candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to perform Certification and Accreditations (C&A) for Department of the Navy Information Systems and maintain security-related databases. Duties may also include: reviewing cyber security instructions and directives, training materials, responding to security related data calls, and representing our clients at various meetings and working groups. Flexibility, a willingness to learn, attention to detail, and problem solving are highly important qualities for success in this position.
- Bachelors degree required: B.S. in IT, Information Systems Security, or related field desired.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience with experience in cyber security desired.
- Experience with the Navy and Navy processes desired.
- Network+, Security+, CAP, Navy Validator or other security related certification desired.
- Knowledge of NIST, Risk Management Framework (RMF), or DIACAP strongly desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent analytical, written, oral communication skills.
- Must be a team player, diplomatic, and decisive.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to obtain security clearance is required.
For more information regarding Burke Consortium, Inc., please visit our website at www.bcinow.com. All successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.
Burke Consortium, Inc. (BCI) offers an excellent working environment and comprehensive benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.