Content & Community Development Specialist
The Association for Talent Development (ATD), is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. These professionals take the knowledge, skills, and abilities of others and help them achieve their full potential.
We are currently seeking a content and community development specialist to oversee our Talent Management practice. This position, in conjunction with division leaders, will work to acquire and develop content, and manage a suite products/services that cater to those interested in organizational development, talent management, and human resources – particularly as it relates to development of talent development programs. The ideal applicant will have some experience in human resources and/or organizational development, and have the some familiarity with a community of experts in the following content areas: talent management, change management, human capital, career development programs, coaching, mentoring, onboarding, skills gaps, and workforce planning, among others. Due to the nature of the role, candidates will need to feel comfortable reaching out to content experts through various platforms including ATD’s online community website, on social media, as well as interacting in person or on the phone with a diverse group of individuals. ATD will seek candidates with a desire to improve and grow in the role, take feedback and continue to build upon the success of the community each year.
Key responsibilities include program leadership, content development, business development, online engagement, product development, and P&L ownership. Successful applicants will work with the senior team to craft the content and product strategy and execute on that strategy to maximize business results. Among the responsibilities:
- Identify the content and product/service needs of members and be the face of the community to the industry
- Create the content agenda and help to acquire speakers for in-person events
- Coordinate the acquisition of blogs articles, webcasts, books, and other published and digital content by working with SMEs and internal staff
- Manage existing (and create new) revenue-producing products and services for the community, including videos, workshops, conferences, educational programs, resource centers, and more.
- Be active in social media channels to drive visits and engagement
- Be an active ‘owner’ of the business, including forecasting and tracking profitability for the content and product suite, working with the Marketing and/or Enterprise Sales teams to optimize the offerings.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor community webpages, showcasing new content and encouraging discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- Minimum 3 years professional (non-academic) experience in a related field required
- Excellent writing and editing skills with ability to distill and communicate complex information required
- Ability to pick up new technologies and platforms quickly required
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to meet tight deadlines required
- Demonstrated client service skills required
- Ability to handle confidential information and exercise sound judgment required
- Strong MS Office skills required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Extreme attention to detail and follow through required
- Experience with web content management systems, social media, and digital marketing are a plus
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the workplace learning, HR/OD and talent development preferred
ATD provides an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Located within blocks of the King Street metro in Old Town, ATD helps with transportation costs (parking is free).
We appreciate all our applicants, but are unable to return phone calls and emails requesting details on the status of applications or the position. Applicants who bypass the recruitment process are not considered.
ATD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Race/Gender/Disabled/Veterans), and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Join the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations and make a difference in your world.