Project Assistant I (1136)
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1136
JOB TITLE: Project Assistant I
SALARY: Up to $38,588 (Commensurate w/experience)
Grade (5); Full-time; Non-exempt
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
This a critical time for policing and the International Association of Chiefs of Police is at the forefront, working to engage communities and promote best practices. The world is in a period of change and IACP is responding with a myriad of new initiatives and educational opportunities that bring together innovation, research, and dedication to the field. The association is looking for people with the passion, energy, and commitment to help us move the field of criminal justice forward. We seek to hire a Project Assistant to provide logistical support to international study tours and other educational events.
Working with IACP staff, project partners, and stakeholders, the Project Assistant will:
- Organize and track details for project-related meetings and events (i.e. hotel contract and banquet review, travel arrangements, reimbursements, supply orders)
- Assist in the creation and organization of materials for project-related meetings and events
- Aid in the organization of planning meetings consisting of staff, partners, consultants, law enforcement members, and community partners
- Manage correspondence with participants, project partners, consultants and funding agency professionals
- Assist consultants, IACP staff, and project partners with reimbursements, on-site logistics, and travel planning
- Support project outreach and information dissemination including the creation of social media posts
- Draft and design project materials such as information sheets, evaluation forms, worksheets, and activities
- Review and provide input on content for the development of resources, tools and event support materials
- Compile feedback and evaluation results from site visits, technical assistance deliveries and trainings
- Provide ongoing follow-up and support to all project activities
- Maintain various event databases to track site visits, technical assistance deliveries and training events.
- Support the budget process including tracking finances and assisting with payments and reimbursements
- Maintain communication with project team, including IACP staff and partners
- Update project related websites, as needed, with current event information and resources
- Assist with other IACP team projects and events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in subject-related field preferred. Combination of education and experience in subject-relevant field will be considered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Windows 10
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Effective task prioritization and time management skills
- Superior writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Effective collaboration and team work with diverse colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Experience with and ability to plan events and make logistical arrangements for individuals and groups
- Ability to process invoices and other financial requests
- Capacity to track data and create associated reports
- Familiarity with and understanding of law enforcement issues
- Occasional travel may be required
- This is a grant funded position for which continuation funding will be sought
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by JULY 27, 2017.
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access