Project Coordinator I (1135)
- Full Time
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1135
JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator I
SALARY: Up to $47,999 (Commensurate w/experience)
Grade (7); Full-time; Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
This a critical time for policing and the International Association of Chiefs of Police is at the forefront, working to engage communities and promote best practices. The world is in a period of change and IACP is responding with a myriad of new initiatives and educational opportunities that bring together innovation, research, and dedication to the field. The association is looking for people with the passion, energy, and commitment to help us move the field of criminal justice forward. We seek to hire a Project Assistant to provide logistical support to international study tours and other educational events.
Working with IACP staff, project partners, and stakeholders, the Project Coordinator will:
- Coordinate the day-to-day deliverables of all projects and serve as point of contact for project activities.
- Contribute to project resource development and expansion including, but not limited to: promotional materials, social media content, presentations, and product development.
- Assist with tracking and accounting for all expenditures in accordance with federal and private foundation grant guidelines and agency policy.
- Work directly with the Education Team, training partners, instructors, and host agencies to address logistical and programmatic issues.
- Support project logistics including: planning meetings and events, drafting meeting agendas, billing, program deliverables, and travel and accommodations.
- Represent the IACP Education Team at project site visits, national forums, working groups, and other events.
- Maintain the promotional examination system; including customer communication, contracts, exam construction, printing, and scoring.
- Provide support for custom exam development, assessment center preparation, and executive searches as needed.
- Maintain communication with program advisors in development and delivery of efforts.
- Monitor contract/consultant performance and assist with reimbursement.
- Provide ongoing support and follow-up for all program activities.
- Provide administrative support to project staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in subject-related field preferred. Combination of education and experience in subject-relevant field will be considered.
- Minimum of two (2) year of related experience preferably in a non-profit organization, association, or criminal justice environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Windows 10
- Competencies in project planning and logistics support.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Capacity to work collaboratively and productively with project team, law enforcement professionals, and funding agencies under deadlines.
- Experience in managing and monitoring project budgets.
- Experience working with law enforcement executives/practitioners and/or within a law enforcement agency/association is desirable.
Required Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Effective task prioritization and time management skills
- Effective collaboration and team work with diverse colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Ability to process invoices and other financial requests
- Capacity to track data and create associated reports
- Familiarity with and understanding of law enforcement issues
- Occasional travel may be required
- This is a grant funded position for which continuation funding will be sought
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by JULY 27, 2017.
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access