Critical Threats Project, Program Assistant
AEI’s Critical Threats Project (CTP) provides the public and policymakers with comprehensive, unique, and objective tracking and analysis of the primary national security challenges faced by the United States. We are seeking a program assistant to manage the day-to-day operations of the project, including internal and external relations and communications, and to provide administrative assistance to scholars and analysts in support of this project.
CTP is comprised of six full-time scholars and analysts, as well as approximately 10 interns, studying Iran and al Qaeda’s affiliates. The program assistant works closely with the project director to manage resources across cross-functional teams and coordinate marketing and fundraising efforts to promote CTP’s research.
Additionally, the program assistant is expected to:
- Be an organized taskmaster capable of interfacing with cross-functional teams to ensure scope, schedule, and resources are aligned across projects;
- Be a strong writer, capable of drafting and editing funding proposals, marketing materials, and correspondence;
- Act as the primary liaison between the project and institute’s management and administration;
- Provide administrative support for the project director on various Middle East initiatives, as required, and manage the director’s calendar;
- Manage and curate content for the project’s website;
- Oversee project budget and vendor relations;
- Be capable of managing numerous projects, initiatives, conferences, and deadlines simultaneously, without oversight; and
- Be well-versed in the Middle East, national security, and terrorism issues.
The successful candidate preferably will have one to three years of project management and business operations experience. A strong knowledge of the Middle East, national security, and terrorism issues is required. In addition to the skills listed above, a successful candidate will possess strong communication and writing skills, as well as a team-player attitude.
AEI offers a stimulating and harmonious work environment and excellent benefits. Qualified applicants should submit an online application, complete with a resume, a cover letter, transcripts, and a 500-word writing sample on a topic related to the position at www.aei.org/jobs.