Senior Iintelligence Analyst
The Senior Intelligence Analyst assists in providing Steady-State, Crisis, and Predictive Intelligence coverage of the assigned region, facilitating both CONOP development and support for USPACOM, USSOCOM, SOCPAC and interagency planning in order to develop a full range of Special Operations options. The Senior Intelligence Analysts shall review products from other SOCPAC Intel Analysts for accuracy, clarity, quality control, and consistency in coordination with SOCPAC’s Civilian Senior Intelligence Analyst. Maintain coverage of the assigned region in order to support SOCPAC’s efforts to provide strategic-level analysis in niche areas to USPACOM and the Intelligence Community efforts. Use information derived from all intelligence disciplines to determine changes in enemy capabilities, vulnerabilities, and probable courses of action. Research, analyze and develop complex analytical products which provide a robust understanding of the dynamic environment in given operationally focused areas. Research and develop critical factors analysis and deliver into intelligence products. Participate in committees and working groups concerned with developing or revising OPLANs, CONPLANs, intelligence architectures and theater and national intelligence. Conduct research and analysis on a wide variety of topics relating to Contingency Operations in the USPACOM Area of Operations (AOR) utilizing a number of intelligence software tools to include RMT, TAC, Palantir, CIDNE, etc. Provide intelligence analysis, production, and guidance relative to an assigned area(s) in political, economic, social, cultural, physical, geographic, technical or military conditions for one or more foreign countries. Maintain liaison with personnel in assigned and related fields, such as those in other intelligence agencies and allied foreign governments, to discuss mutual intelligence problems and production efforts. Participates in interagency and international meetings and conferences as required. Deliver technical insight into intelligence matters relevant to the command and the organizational segment to which assigned on panels and committees where regional knowledge and experience are judge necessary. Provide current intelligence expertise to support operations during steady-state, wartime, and contingencies. Uses analytical tools and tradecrafts such as IC Reach, Proton, Analyst Note Book, etc., to understand and develop threat networks throughout the USPACOM AOR. Provides intelligence support for OPLAN, CONPLAN and crisis development. Provides intelligence expertise and support to COMSOCPAC, SOCPAC Staff, and Component Commands through the various intelligence products, briefings, and fora to include INTSUMs, Commander’s Update Briefs (CUB), Daily Read book, Operations and Intelligence Briefs (O&I), Information Papers, Current Threat Briefs, and other as required. Work in tandem with the Joint Intelligence Control Element (JISE), USPACOM Joint Intelligence Operations Center (JIOC) and USSOCOM to de-conflict intelligence collection, production and federation of intelligence support.
- Prepare and review intelligence products for weekly intelligence administrative and operational synchronization meetings in coordination with SOCPAC’s Civilian Senior Intelligence Analyst.Provide intelligence inputs to OPLANs/CONPLANs, MICON, CONOPs, as required.Provide Intelligence Summary (INTSUM) reports, as required, on topics approved/requested through the SOCPAC Commander’s Priority Intelligence Requirements (PIRs).Provide Special Operations Force focused Target Intelligence Package (TIP) as required.Prepare intelligence updates for COMSOCPAC’s trip book for Key Leader Engagement (KLE) visits.Develop and review related Targeted Country intelligence estimate; provide a timely and accurate evaluation of the enemy and the AO.Prepare intelligence briefs in support of the Commander’s Read Book, or the Commander’s Update Briefs (CUB) as required.Prepare and analyze current intelligence holdings to identify gaps, and subsequent intelligence collection requirements.Assists in integrating incoming information with current intelligence holdings and prepares and maintains the current intelligence picture.Develop Population demographics (ethnic groups, religious sects, age distribution, health status, income groups).Develop Political or socio-economic factors, including factions, clans, and gangs.Develop Infrastructures, such as transportation or telecommunications, and critical decision-making infrastructures and supporting information systems.Be the Subject Matter Expert for Targeted Country(s).CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required. Deployment: Deployments of no more than 90 days may be required to the following countries: Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Thailand, or Singapore.
- Ten (10) years’ of experience (within the last 12 years) in threat, indications and warning, collection, analysis, and production and collaborating with other senior intelligence analysts
- Ten (10) years’ intelligence staff experience, tactical through operational/COCOM
- Five (5) years’ of experience with analysis, reporting and briefing within USPACOM/INDO-PAC AOR Intelligence Enterprise, the U.S. Intelligence Community, and the Interagency
- Four (4) years’ of experience in DoD & Interagency Intelligence programs, asymmetric analysis, PACOM/JCS training events, and PACOM country(s) familiarization
- Four (4) years’ of experience using theater and national level intelligence automated information, intelligence, and communication systems, tools, databases, and programs
- Four (4) years’ of experience in assigned region or domain (e.g., Senior East Asia, Senior South Asia, and Senior Northeast)