The Environmental Analyst provides environmental analyst support to assist SOCPAC in all soruce analyst tasking and coordination efforts in support of the fused production process. Specifically the analyst:
- Provide fused intelligence for strategic, operational and tactical level planning and operations. Conduct in-depth research using classified and unclassified data sources to locate and analyze available intelligence in support of SOCPAC requirements. Collaborate with internal and external POCs to ensure all aspects of a research effort are incorporated. Identify information gaps and develop source-directed requirements (SDR) or identify alternate sources to garner information.Provide intelligence inputs to OPLANs/CONPLANs, MICON, CONOPs.Provide SOF Capability materials for PACOM countries as required for COMSOCPAC travel and KLEs.Provide Intelligence Summary (INTSUM) reports.Prepare intelligence updates for COMSOCPAC’s trip book for Key Leader Engagement (KLE) visit.Develop Targeted Country intelligence estimate; and provide an evaluation of the enemy and the AO.Prepare intelligence briefs in support of the Commander’s Read Book, or the Commander’s Update Briefs (CUB).Prepare and analyze current intelligence holdings to identify gaps, and subsequent intelligence collection requirements.Assist in integrating incoming information with current intelligence holdings and prepares and maintains the current intelligence picture.Develop Population demographics (ethnic groups, religious sects, age distribution, health status, income groups).
- Bachelor's degree in any field and five (5) years of experience OR ten (10) years’ experience in intelligence analysis, reporting and briefing in a DoD setting. Experience includes:
- PACOM AOR Environmental Analyst experience in assigned region or domain (e.g., China, Korea, South Asia, SEA, or NEA) which included providing written and briefed regional assessments (PMESII), or
- Experience with intelligence support to TSOC planning and assessments.
- Five (5) years experience in utilizing analytical research tools, resources, associated equipment and software. Such software, tools, and equipment includes, but is not limited to: Microsoft Office, Tripwire Analytical Capability (TAC), JIPOE, MIDB, M3, RMT, Analyst Notebook, Palantir, Intelink and other SIPR and JWICS data sources
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills