7 days left
- Full Time
- The Contractors shall serve as a Principal Investigator and will conduct basic and applied research on current and emerging viral threats; in support of the biodefense and infectious disease program. The Principal investigator is Key Personnel; working in BSL-3 and BSL-4 laboratories. They must hold and maintain BPRP status; IAW the provisions of this contract and applicable regulations.
- Specific Tasks:
- Seek funding from DTRA and other funding agencies on behalf of the Government and USAMRIID to further the research portfolio of the Division and USAMRIID. Establish and coordinate extramural collaborations and contracts to augment the research program he or she directs. Amount of funding per year will vary depending on current mission requirements and USAMRIID's available funding.
- Coordinate and collaborate with scientists within the Division and the Institute on in vivo and in vitro studies to evaluate medical countermeasures against infectious diseases. In vivo studies with non-human primates is approximately 30-35 moderate studies per year; rodent studies range from 60-70 studies per year; and in vitro could be multi-studies in support of each in vivo study.
- As a Principal Investigator; they should prepare technical reports and manuscripts for publication each year. They should present work at Scientific Meetings each year; which may require CONCUS and OCONUS travel.
- Provides monthly PI Technical Report.
SSBI required if work will be conducted in biocontainment laboratories ?Demonstrated their subject matter expertise in a number of areas; and their ability to conduct team-based research through publication of several technical reports and/or peer-reviewed publications ? Experience managing a research laboratory including technicians and other junior scientists is desired ? Excellent written and oral communication skills ? Must be eligible for enrollment in the Army Biological Personnel Reliability Program (BPRP)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. #CJPOST#DICE