Consumer Safety Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Pharmaceutical Quality (OPQ), Office of Process and Facilities (OPF) in Silver Spring, MD.
The Office of Process and Facilities (OPF) assures that quality pharmaceuticals are consistently manufactured over the product life cycle through assessing design, technical adequacy and quality of manufacturing processes, controls and facilities described in drug application and manage the pre-approval inspections (PAI) program activities.
This is a TERM appointment NOT to Exceed 2 years.
This TERM appointment does not provide a permanent career-conditional appointment or reemployment right to a previous permanent appointment held. TERM appointments do not provide status in the competitive service.
NOTE: The agency has the option of extending a term appointment up to the 4-year limit.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Not Required
A. Successful completion of a full 4 years courses of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor degree or higher degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific field that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principle, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
B. Combination of education and experience--courses consisting of at least 30 semester hours in the fields of study described in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
In addition to the basic requirement, you must have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, to include advising management on a wide range of regulatory problems and recommending appropriate regulatory actions, developing new methods and techniques to address problems for which guidelines or precedents are not applicable, providing support to working groups or task forces and establishing new regulations procedures, or programs, and preparing and presenting informal remarks at briefings, training sessions, or industry workshops.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
Conditions of Employment:
- Security and Background Requirements: Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. If hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Pre-employment physical required: No
- Drug testing required: No
- License required: No
- Mobility agreement required: No
- Immunization required: No
- Incentives may be authorized; however, this is contingent upon funds availability. If authorized, certain incentives will require you to sign a service agreement to remain in the Federal government for a period of up to 3 years. Note: This statement does not imply nor guarantee an incentive will be offered and paid. Incentives include the following: moving expenses, recruitment or relocation incentive; student loan repayment, superior qualifications appointment, creditable service for annual leave for prior non-federal work experience or prior uniformed military service, etc.
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing of the announcement.
- Financial disclosure statement required: Yes
Please be advised that this position will be subject to FDA's prohibited financial interest regulation and may require the incumbent of this position to divest of certain financial interests. Applicants are advised to seek additional information on this requirement from the hiring official before accepting this position.
Q - Nonsensitive
- Provide support to agency task forces establishing new or receiving regulations procedures and programs having national and internationalimpact.
- Thorough knowledge of, as well as the intent of, enabling legislation, policies, implementing regulations and procedures, organizational structures, and interrelationships of compliance organizations and programs with each other in relation to area of responsibility.
- Plan and conduct experimental analyses that result in new design guidelines, and have a profound effect on program or mission capabilities and/or operating procedures. Develops new methods and techniques to address novel or obscure problems for which guidelines or precedents are not substantially applicable.
- Prepare and present informal remarks at briefings, training sessions, and consumer industry workshops. etc.