LOGISTICS ASSISTANT (MAIL)
If you are a status candidate, please apply under OA-17-19-KJ-MP.
Begin a challenging and exciting career with the Executive Office of the President (EOP) providing support to the President of the United States. The EOP has responsibility for tasks ranging from communicating the President's message to the American people to promoting our trade interests abroad. The EOP comprises the White House, Executive Residence, Office of the Vice President, Office of the United States Trade Representatives, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Office of National Drug Control Policy, Office of Management and Budget, National Security Council, Council on Environmental Quality, Council of Economic Advisers, and the Office of Administration. The Office of Administration (OA) provides a full array of customer-based services to the EOP. To learn more about OA, please visit http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/OA.
This position is located in the Executive Office of the President (EOP), Office of Administration (OA), Office of the Chief of Operations, Mail and Logistics Management Division, Mail Support and Logistics Branch. The position serves as a Logistics Assistant (Mail) responsible for a variety of administrative duties in support of the office, which includes mail services, physical security, and facilities for the complex.
**Notice, more than one selection can be made within 90 days of the issuance of the certificate, if more vacancies occur.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the qualification requirements outlined below to be considered minimally qualified for this position. The qualification requirements are in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards. ALL QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Examples of specialized experience are:
For the GS-07: 1) Demonstrate the ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse customer base 2) Demonstrate the ability to work on various projects simultaneously, and produce results on several objectives concurrently.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
As a Logistics Assistant (Mail), GS-0303, 07 your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Provide administrative support to the Mail Operations Supervisor
- Respond to requests from EOP employees (customers) for mail services, delivering miscellaneous items throughout the complex, responding to and forwarding requests from customers for facilities upgrades, repairs, or improvements
- Provide customer service with United States Postal Service (USPS) operations, courier delivery services and mail schedules to customers
- Completes daily work logs, accounting for incoming service requests and service delivery.
- Assists lead mail assistant and mail assistants with miscellaneous administrative tasks in order to free up their time for mail sorting and distribution
- Prepares a variety of correspondence in rough draft or final form from written notes or email
- Assist management in preparing standard operating procedures and in preparing guidance to provide to customers on logistics processes
- Assists senior management with administrative functions surrounding performance reviews, training requests, personnel action tracking, etc.
- Serves as a focal point for ad hoc request from other OA and/or EOP offices
- Collects unclassified materials for destruction throughout the EOP complex to secured containment units until collected by the Waste Disposal Agency
- Assists Mail Operations to lift and move boxes or containers up to 50 lbs
- Operates a vehicle or truck to transport items throughout the Washington Metropolitan area
- May require walking, lifting, and bending to perform duties in various environmental conditions and locations (i.e. loading docks)