Customer Service Representative I - Customer Contact
Under close supervision of the Supervisor, Customer Service, the Customer Service Representative will respond professionally to customer inquiries and requests for service.
To provide entry-level production and systems maintenance support of Customer Service applications, as described below in the areas of production support and systems maintenance.
- Answers customer inquiries concerning services, billing, payment, lien law requirements, water quality, water pressure, plumbing and other water related concerns.
- Researches customer’s information, assesses and fulfills customer needs, educates the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking.
- Uses all available contacts and historical records in SAP to analyze and resolve the customer’s situation. Examines all relevant information in order to assess validity of complaints and determine possible causes.
- Opens new accounts, closes, and modifies customer accounts.
- Opens, cancels and modifies service orders.
- Keeps records of customer interactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments, as well as action taken.
- Promotes company’s website and Electronic Billing Presentment & Payment (EBPP) options to customers to improve adoption rate.
- Schedules and dispatches service order requests to field representative and provide customer with detailed information on what to expect.
- Coordinates customers’ requests with Radio Dispatcher and schedule field work appointments.
- Performs billing adjustments to correct late charges assessed in error.
- Sends notification to appropriate department to correct billing, refund and water quality issues.
- Sends standardized written responses to customer inquiries or to notify them of investigation results and any planned adjustments.
- Maintains a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making. Handles issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduation from high school and a minimum of two years related experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
- Ability to handle complaints and unpleasant customers.
- Passion for excellence with respect to understanding and caring for customers.
- Ability to effectively plan, organizes, and communicates orally.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform accurate basic mathematical computations.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships.
- Proficiency with a personal computer and ability to quickly learn software applications.
- Ability to respond to emergencies and work overtime when necessary.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.