Research & Program Development Coordinator
The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Research & Program Development Coordinator. This individual fills a key role coordinating the awards & honors program, as well as activities within the Research and Program Development group.
Awards and Honors Program
1. Utilizing experience and good judgement, effectively manages the award nomination and review process
2. Serves as the first point of contact for awards and honors customer service
3. Works with IT to maintain and update, as needed, the award and Fellow on-line nomination process in BEAM.
4. Corresponds with committee members, award and Fellow nominees, nominators, newly elected Fellow members and award winners
5. Manages, reviews and updates the on-line copy and banner ads related to awards and Fellows on osa.org
6. Assists committee chairs in solicitation of candidates for awards and Fellows
7. Tracks and manages nomination materials for review and scoring
8. Schedules presentation of honors and prepares and ships material for the presentation and publicity
9. Prepares reports, publicity material, and archives material
10. Records award and Fellow information in Netforum as needed
11. Maintains the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the awards program
12. Manages the inventory for award recognition materials (plaques, crystals, medals) etc., and orders materials when needed.
1. Assists in managing the Awards Committee, the Fellow Members Committee, the Strategic Planning Committee (SPC), the Nominating Committee, and other committees managed within the department
2. Maintains current committee information and coordinates correspondence
3. Arranges and schedules conference calls across multiple time zones
4. Maintains calendar and assists with organizing meetings, including requesting conference rooms, AV needs, and attendance status
5. Creates presentations using background information supplied from other staff and power point slides, as well as the e-books sent in advance of meetings
6. Assists with logistical meeting preparation and follow up as needed
Research and Program Development Projects
1. Special event planning and communication
2. Makes travel arrangements for international travel, prepares packets and expense reports for travelers as requested.
3. Maintains inventory of promotional items, brochures and tracks when more need to be ordered. Orders promotional items.
4. Meeting/conference preparation by obtaining information, logistical assistance and assembling and sending shipments.
5. Provides assistance in planning for appropriate OSA materials that need to be collected and sends a call for materials to key staff.
6. Responds to and fulfills last minute requests for shipments.
7. Collects identified materials, packs (or works with the mailroom to pack materials) and prepares paperwork for shipments (especially for international shipments).
1. Coordinates projects for production, printing, on-line posting and mailing.
2. Creates project management spreadsheets as needed.
3. Routes invoices and assists with travel and expense reports, as well as wire transfers.
4. Maintains filing system by creating new folders and filing all documents as needed.
5. Assists with administration of the OSA Fellow Lecturer Program and Global Meeting Support Program.
6. Supports all other ongoing organization and implementation of administrative duties and tasks as requested.
Skills and Abilities
- 4-year degree required
- Three to five years of professional level work experience required; experience working in association or non-profit management preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Discretion and the ability to work in a highly confidential manner
- Knowledge of customer service practices
- Ability to successfully work independently
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects that require complex scheduling, detailed organizational skills and compliance with deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks yet demonstrate flexibility as required
- Ability to act diplomatically and elicit cooperation from internal and external audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong Excel software skills
- Software: Kentico, HTML and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word)
- Ability to learn databases (ACT, netForum)
OSA offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send resume w/cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Apply for Research & Program Development Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly