Principal Field Technician (TS-SCI w/ Poly)
- Provide final inspection of all accountable and non-expendable office/IT equipment and property to ensure these items have been properly sanitized through the removal of any component that retain memory or images of information.
- Provide pre-processing and sorting of IT materials
- Assist with proper handling and packaging of batteries removed from IT materials for the purpose of recycling in accordance with handling and recycling procedures
- Shrink wrap, label, band, and store pallets on outbound shelving
- Load pallets on to outbound tractor trailers using sponsor-furnished forklifts
- Accompany material to secure destruction sites as needed
- Ensure a clean and safe work area is maintained
Active/Current TS-SCI with Full Scope Polygraph.
Associates Degree (or above) in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience supporting warehouse, logistics, and/or media sanitization operation.
Ability to lift and move items up to 50 pounds.
Must possess a current forklift certification (preferred) or have ability to obtain one within 30 days of start of employment.
Ability to accommodate work hours in accordance with sponsor's needs (typically starting in early morning). Occasional overtime may be required.
The candidate will be required to wear steel toe footwear at all times, and use sponsor-provided personal protective equipment (protective eyewear, face shields, gloves, aprons, respirators, and head protection) in conjunction with engineering contols and safety operation procedures.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.